Let me start by saying that this is a good espresso machine and we use it daily.The espresso is good and the overall product is nice.
Even so things do happen, one morning I was making my regular coffee routine (espresso for me and a late for my wife) and while I was turning the filter-holder (a motion I done hundreds of times in the past) the handle broke as can be seen from the picture. I was baffled since I didn't use more force than usual so we gave up the morning coffee. Later that day I called the customer service of Phillips-Saeco explaining to them what happen. Again the handle broke not from misuse or because it fell on the ground but it seems like it had a weak spot and the quality of this specific handle was faulty.
After the explanation they referred me to the website to buy this part at a cost 60-80$ where the whole machine new is 299$.If this is the customer service for a two year old machine I would say invest a bit more and get a better machine...
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Saeco Via Venezia Espresso Machine
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "I'VE NEVER DROPED THIS DOME! I'VE CARED FOR IT SINCE PURCHASE. THE SPLITS IN THE DOME ARE FROM COOKING ONLY. I purchased my oven when you only received one for the..."
- "I just found my receipt of purchase. Today is 12/28/2015. My television was purchased on 01/13/2013. It isn't 2 yrs old yet, Hisense says the television isn't covered because I..."
- "the new wave oven dome cracks under warranty u call to get a replacement one they sell you a upgraded one with three year warranty, caws they claim they no..."
- "I am over party city store in Medford Ma. I bought two costumes for my kids before 22 hrs before. My doughter didn't like the costume and come to the store...."
- "I Ordered an Economics Homework Solution for my Assignment. There were 5 questions which included mix of text based questions, econometric modelling and policy suggestions. The solutions were pretty detailed..."
- "I HAVE BEEN BUYING PANDORA JEWELRY SINCE IT HAS BEEN OUT, AND MOST OF THE CHARMS I'VE HAD, ALL BROKE! I ALSO BOUGHT 2 OF THE BANGLE BRACELETS AND..."
- "I purchased 2 Kensington recliners from Cymax thru Sears in June, 2015. 18 months later the leather is flaking off and the pull handle to open the reclining part is..."
- "A few week's ago, I purchased 2 my pillow standard queen, only one that is available at Bed Bath and Beyond. I purchased for our rv. I then..."
- "I am posting this review for my Son who has had a Very Negative experience with Ziebart Poe Ave. (Vandalia, Ohio) & Ziebart Troy, Ohio. Avoid Ziebart &..."