Saeco - Great machine terrible customer service!

Let me start by saying that this is a good espresso machine and we use it daily.The espresso is good and the overall product is nice.

Even so things do happen, one morning I was making my regular coffee routine (espresso for me and a late for my wife) and while I was turning the filter-holder (a motion I done hundreds of times in the past) the handle broke as can be seen from the picture. I was baffled since I didn't use more force than usual so we gave up the morning coffee. Later that day I called the customer service of Phillips-Saeco explaining to them what happen. Again the handle broke not from misuse or because it fell on the ground but it seems like it had a weak spot and the quality of this specific handle was faulty.

After the explanation they referred me to the website to buy this part at a cost 60-80$ where the whole machine new is 299$.If this is the customer service for a two year old machine I would say invest a bit more and get a better machine...

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.