Cambridge, Massachusetts

Let me start by saying that this is a good espresso machine and we use it daily.The espresso is good and the overall product is nice.

Even so things do happen, one morning I was making my regular coffee routine (espresso for me and a late for my wife) and while I was turning the filter-holder (a motion I done hundreds of times in the past) the handle broke as can be seen from the picture. I was baffled since I didn't use more force than usual so we gave up the morning coffee. Later that day I called the customer service of Phillips-Saeco explaining to them what happen. Again the handle broke not from misuse or because it fell on the ground but it seems like it had a weak spot and the quality of this specific handle was faulty.

After the explanation they referred me to the website to buy this part at a cost 60-80$ where the whole machine new is 299$.If this is the customer service for a two year old machine I would say invest a bit more and get a better machine...

Had an Experience with Saeco?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion

Frigidaire - Just 1year and 1 Month old, Cheap Door Handle Broke at Top Near Screw Frigidaire "I walked over to open the Frigidaire refrigerator that our landlord purchased, somewhere around June of 216, and the handle broke off in my hand. It broke right in the..." Read more Duckfish Electronics - STAY AWAY AT ALL COSTS!! Duckfish Electronics "If you're looking for damaged, defective, reported stolen, fraud reported, blacklisted, financed, etc...and a fake attempt for quality cell phones, then this is the place for you. At first we..." Read more Nuwave Oven - Original new wave oven great! New new wave oven terrible. Nuwave Oven "The first new wave oven I had worked great for over four years. Bought the two deal special late 2013. Gave one to my mom for Christmas. Kept the other..." Read more SharkNinja - Shark Product Quality & Reliability - Shark Floor Steamers SharkNinja "Dear Mr. Mark Rosen (aka Mark Rosenzweig) I’m writing to you today after I saw you purport on a Shark television commercial this past holiday season that Shark products are..." Read more State Farm Insurance - 2 claims over 2 years didn't renew State Farm Insurance "I received a call from state farm advising me they will not renew my coveage i was dissapointed. My 1st claim was 400.00 2nd one was slab leak. Est 12,000.00..." Read more Burgess Seed And Plant Company - Dead plants Burgess Seed And Plant Company "My plants came dead. I never received the Iris bulbs. The woman on the customer service desk told me without the shipping label there is nothing they can do. She..." Read more Gearbest - Mini Octopus Style Mobile Phone Stand Flexible Tripod Gearbest "I bought tripod for a smartphone. The smartphone itself now stands and can be turned in any direction. To watch the video is very convenient, I recommend to buy. Excellent..." Read more Eharmony customer service 1.844.238.8666 eharmony customer service phone number Eharmony "eharmony customer service phone number eharmony customer service eharmony contact eharmony phone number eharmony customer service number www eharmony com customer service eharmony com phone number www eharmony com contact..." Read more